2012 Clark County Fair Beer and Wine Exhibition
This year Bader Beer and Wine Supply is again the drop off point for entries in the Clark County Fair Open Class Exhibition.
We will accept entries from Friday, July 6th to Monday, July 30th. After judging all entries will be on display at the fairgrounds exhibition hall. After the fair, Pick up your bottles, ribbons and score sheets from Tuesday, August 14, to Saturday, August 25, at Bader Beer & Wine Supply,
711 Grand Blvd, Vancouver, (360) 750-1551. After September 1st we will dispose of the bottles that have not been picked up.
Home Made Beer
1. Limit one bottle per style of beer.
2. Bottle should be plain brown with no label, with plain bottle cap, if possible.
3. Beer styles determined by the American Homebrewers Association’s (AHA) most current national brewing contest. See their web site at http://www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.PHP
for beer classifications or ask
the staff at Bader Beer and Wine Supply, or Steve Bader, 750-1551.
4. Beer style to be chosen by brewer for entry form should be one of the AHA styles, which the judges then use to determine criterion to judge your beer by.
5. Limit of six entries per household, each entry must be a different beer.
Bader Beer & Wine Supply will donate three $25 gift certificates for the three highest scoring beers.
CLASS 539: WINE
Wine will be judged individually on their own merit. Bottle label and overall appearance of bottle is not judged. All wine entries must be clearly labeled.
The following information is required:
1. Type of wine (Blackberry, Apricot, Concord, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc.).
2. Year wine was made.
3. Dry, sweet or dessert wine.
Judges will use this information as a guideline to determine what standards to judge the wine by.
All entries will be opened and sampled. Remaining wine will be disposed. (We suggest entering a small bottle (375 ML) because of this.)
Only one bottle per entry, properly labeled.
Maximum of six entries per household, each entry must be a different wine.
Bader Beer & Wine Supply will donate three (3) $25 gift certificates to the three highest scoring wines.